Tag Archives: Apicoectomies

Apicoectomy Trenton

Apicoectomies in Trenton

Apicoectomy Trenton

Apicoectomy Trenton

When an infection occurs in a tooth that has previously undergone root canal therapy, or the procedure simply was not successful, there is a solution available so that you will not have to necessarily lose the tooth. It is a surgical method called an apicoectomy Here at the office of Michael Kushner DDS, they’re performed with the utmost of skill, and backed by extensive experience.

Along with endodontic retreatment, apicoectomies are one of two ways to manage a failed root canal. Mind you, 90% of root canals take, and there are no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, there are the other 10%. Endodontic retreatment is like doing the root canal a second time. It is appropriate to do under certain circumstances, but not all. And since our goal is to make certain that the outcome is a healthy and viable tooth, you may need to consider our apicoectomy in Trenton. The way the procedure is done is that our oral surgeon has to open up the gum, locate the damaged tissue, and remove it. The root tip is also extracted, and then a root-end filling is used to prevent the chance of an infection occurring in the future. There is no need to worry, though. You will be under local anesthesia, and the procedure should not be painful. It is always preferable to have our apicoectomy in Trenton rather than to give up and have the tooth removed. Consider that you will have an aesthetic drawback due to the missing tooth. Your other teeth may shift and lead to discomfort. And the cost and effort involve in replacing the tooth are certainly much more of an inconvenience than to save the tooth in the first place.

You have come to the right place for addressing an unsuccessful root canal. Contact us to arrange a prompt appointment to find out if you’re a good candidate for our apicoectomy in Trenton.

Michael Kushner DDS
304 White Horse Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08610
(609) 299-1715